13 old photos that look even more beautiful colorized
An affordable way to go back in time is by looking at old photos. Valuable in understanding our past, they portray unique moments in humanity and clearly describe how things have changed since then.
If the black and white images are enough to bring the charm of the past, the colorized ones add details that bring us even closer to the reality lived at that time. Here are some examples:
1. Boys Aged 8-9 Selling Newspapers, 1909, United States
2. Japanese father and son injured during the Battle of Saipan, fought in 1944 during World War II.
3. New socks are delivered to soldiers after the Battle of Dunkirk in 1940 during World War II.
4. Actress Dorothy Sebastian revising flight instructions in 1929
5. Refugee Awaits Beginning of 1936 Orange Harvest Season in Porterville, USA
6. The silent film actor Buster Keaton writing his resolutions for the New Year 1929
7. Jazz singer Sarah Vaughan, circa August 1946
8. Two Girls and a Tuba, Recorded 1928, in the United States
9. Boy and his stuffed toy under the rubble of World War II in London, 1945
10. Actress Elizabeth Taylor, in 1956, on the movie set for "So Humanity Walks"
11. British troops back to England in 1939
12. Portrait of the British Naturalist Charles Darwin, March 1874
13. Actress, singer and animal rights defender Brigitte Bardot
Do you know the Mega Curioso newsletter? Weekly, we produce exclusive content for lovers of the biggest curiosities and bizarres of this big world! Register your email and do not miss this way to keep in touch!